It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Position: MHPSS Supervisor
Location: Damboa, Borno
Global Objective of the Position
* Medecins Du Monde has been working in Nigeria-Maiduguri since 2016 and implements projects aimed at assisting and improving the lives of persons with disabilities to lead normal and productive lives within their communities. To achieve these aims MDM is working within communities and in partnership with local authorities, associations to empower them in finding lasting solutions to their challenges.
* MDM has been awarded a grant to implement the necessary and appropriate services to deal with the mental health related issues, on the one hand to address the urgent need to deal with the most serious cases, and on the other, to introduce a structural framework with the political and healthcare authorities in Maiduguri in Borno State.
* You will be working under the overall responsibility of the GenCo, and directly under the supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator technicality and hieratically under the field Coordinator. You will provide key support to the MH Coordinator in the roll-out and implementation of project activities
* He/she will work with partners, counterparts and stakeholders in ensuring psychosocial services, capacity building and awareness-raising. He/she will ensure that project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Tasks Description
* Directly supervise MHPSS Counsellors
* Working proactively with the MHPSS Coordinator and in close link with the medical team, and other stakeholders to coordinate and implement MHPSS program activities.
* Support MHPSS Counsellors to develop and implement mental health and psychosocial support activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, identification of stakeholders, creation of family support group, working on family linkages.
* Support MHPSS Coordinator in assessment and development of training packages in MHPSS in liaison with other stakeholders.
* Support MHPSS Coordinator in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
* Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
* Work with Partners to support an annual programme of capacity development and events including determining dates, sourcing speakers, creating agenda, coordination of workshop materials and event reports in collaboration with the field coordinator.
* Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator and the field coordinator
* Work closely with the MHPSS Coordinator in the implementation, monitoring, follow up and reporting on all MHPSS program activities that include trainings, workshops, facilitation, data collecting, advocacy etc
* Support MDM MHPSS programme through the field coordinator and in liaison with Logistics and HR departments to ensure programme support needs are met
On request support MHPSS Coordinator in other specific tasks
* Maintain a positive image of MDM at all times and in all circumstances.
Note: This job description is not exhausted and the staff member may be asked from time to time to perform duties over and above those described here. The staff member is also expected to maintain confidentiality of all beneficiaries and internal information at all times.
* Holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical/Health Psychology, Counselling, Psychiatric Nursing, Community Development or related field from a recognized institution
* Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in related work preferably within an INGO or organization with similar setting.
* Experience in MHPSS project implementation within an INGO setting
* Good knowledge of counseling and community mobilization methods and tools
* Good spoken and written English
* Good spoken and written Hausa. Sound knowledge of Kanuri and Marghi is a plus
* Good communicator with proven organizational skills
* Previous experience in training/team capacity building
* Ability to work well in a team setting
* Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
* Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Power Point and Excel)
* Experience in working within a medical team set-up and community based organizations
* Experience working in a Hospital could be added advantage
* Knowledge about MHPSS
* Working in emergency and development project
* Exposure to research
* Good knowledge of Borno state.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
“How I Finally Go From Less Than 1-Minute Man to Over 35 Minutes Bed Lion During S2x And Permanently Solve My Premature Ejaculation and Weak Erection Problems Without Any Side Effects”.. Quick Solution To Enlarged Prostrate!.