Each award covers a non taxable stipend of GBP 22,946.00 per year and tuition fees (at home/EU student rate… Anyone who had studied in England before irrespective of origin falls under this category)
The exact focus of the PhD will be developed with the successful applicants, and there are possible areas of research or study as described in the 2019-20 GSK PhD Pharmacoepidemiology Studentships Project list on the application website. Applicants are advised to contact the prospective supervisors for an informal discussion prior to applying.
Prospective students or applicants must hold or expect to have before the start of the PhD programme, a relevant MSC awarded with good grades, or have a combination of very relevant qualifications and experience which demonstrate equivalent ability and attainment.
How to apply:
Applicants should select one project from the Project list(Pdf) as is on the website and provide the underlisted documents :
- A 2-paged Curriculum vitae with names of two referees
- A research proposal of up to 1000 words
- A cover letter saying why they are interested in undertaking a PhD in this area
- Copies of transcript from their undergraduate and post graduate qualifying schools
- A 2019-20 GSK PhD studentship in Pharmacoepidemiology eligibility form as seen on the application site
Details of submission
Applications should be submitted by email to EPH. FRDD@Ishtm.ac.uk.
STATE CLEARLY IN THE HEADING AND TEXT OF YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY STUDENTSHIP
10:00am (GMT) on 28 January 2019.